Next week I’ll be heading to Indianapolis for this year’s National Council on Public History conference. The agenda is filled with great sounding panels, roundtables, and workshops. I’m really looking forward to connecting with other public history professionals and digging into some public history.
I haven’t selected which panels I’ll be attending during the conference but there are a number of events that I’m helping facilitate as part of my role on the membership committee. There are also a number of broader conference events that I definitely plan on participating in. If you’re interested in connecting during the conference I will be at the following events:
- Membership Committee Twitter Chat (Wednesday April 19, 11:30am-12:30pm) *Virtual – join the conversation using the #ncph2017 hashtag.
- First Time Attendee and Mentoring Connection Meetup (Wednesday April 19, 5:30-6:00pm)
- Opening Reception (Wednesday April 19, 6:00-8:00pm)
- New Member Welcome (Thursday April 20, 7:30-8:30am)
- NCPH Business Meeting (Thursday April 20, 1:00-1:30pm)
- Indy Behind the Scenes: Eiteljog Museum of American Indians and Western Art Walking Tour (Friday April 21, 8:45-10:00am)
- Public Plenary: Making LGBTQ History American History (Friday April 21, 6:00-7:30pm)
- 2nd Annual Great NCPH Canuck Gathering (Friday April 21st)
- Awards Breakfast (Saturday April 22, 8:00-10:00am)
You will also likely find me at individual sessions focused on archives, Wikipedia, podcasting, and Indigenous history.