Earlier this month I was awarded the Service Excellent Award at AlgomaU. This award aims to celebrate employees who consistently:
- Demonstrate extraordinary commitment by continuously providing excellent customer service.
- Make a significant impact on students, staff, departments or the University.
- Demonstrates open communication and quality improvement opportunities.
- Knowledgeable about various department responsibilities and the University in general
- Executes their job duties in a positive manner
- Willing to go above and beyond regular work duties to assist clients (both internal and external)
- Minimizes delays and assures timely follow up
- Excellent interpersonal relations
I feel very fortunate to work in a place with supportive coworkers and was a bit shocked to be awarded this. My brain had a “you mean people actually know who the person working in the archives is?!?” moment when I found out. I’m also extremely lucky to have the flexibility in my position to pursue projects that interest me and to work on a range of outreach projects. As September rapidly approaches I’m looking forward to another year of interaction with faculty, students, and community members and tackling new way to get archives into the hands of researchers and the public.