I have a bunch of travel coming up in the next few months and as always I would love to connect with public history and archival colleagues while travelling. In the coming months I’m looking forward to the following events:
- Kishay Pisim Mamawihitowin – The Great Moon Gathering 2018, Timmins, Ontario, February 14-16th. I’ll be attending KPM with my colleague Liz Webkamigad, we will be participating in the Gathering by hosting a photo album display on behalf of the Shingwauk Residential Schools Centre and by providing a workshop on teaching about Residential Schools.
- Tri-University Graduate History Conference, Guelph, Ontario, March 9th. Details about this one are forthcoming – but I’m excited!
- National Council on Public History annual meeting, Hartford, Connecticut, March 27-30th. This is hands-down my favourite conference every year and attending always feels a bit like heading home to my professional family. I look forward to seeing lots of familiar faces and connected with new folks at NCPH in March.
- Archives Association of Ontario, Belleville, Ontario, May 8-10th. It has been a couple of years since I’ve been to AAO and I’m really looking forward to reconnecting with this great group of archivists.
- Canadian Historical Association annual meeting, University of British Columbia, June 3-5, 2019. Stay tuned for details of what I’ll be up to at CHA.
Get in touch if you’re going to be at any of the above events and want to grab coffee, plot to take over the profession, or just connect in person.