I am thrilled to share the news that have been selected as one of five eCampus Ontario Open Education Fellows for 2019-2020. The OE Fellowship program provides a small cohort of professionals with the opportunity to engage in open education advocacy and scholarship.
The OE Fellows program has the following goals:
- Promote awareness and increase use of open resources and open practices by Ontario educators working at post-secondary institutions
- Support and advocate for increased diversity and choice in education content
- Reduce resource costs for Ontario learners
- Provide OE-focused professional development opportunities in partnership with post-secondary educators and learners
- Conduct and share an action research project related to Ontario post-secondary use of OER
I’m really excited about this opportunity to increase my learning around Open Education and to devote some time to OE scholarship. Onwards!
Featured image: @bccampus #OERforum @opencontent Why Open Education? [visual notes by Giulia Forsythe]. Public Domain.